Saturday, April 9, 2011

Back from Florida

We recently took a trip to Florida.  It was beautiful and the weather is much different Oregon's, especially this time of year. One of the days we went to Tarpon Springs. A beachy tourist's trap, which is one of my favorites places to visit. It has a thriving Greek community and they specialize in sea sponges, olive oil soap, and crocodile heads.

These are huge Vase Sponges. You can actually plant plants in the cavity of the sponge. BTW sea sponges themselves are not plants (like I thought) but are animals in the simplest form.







Pelicans hanging out waiting a for a bite to eat from tourists.

Beautiful ships anchored all up and down the bay.


Now this is a Greek Salad! With Potato Salad in the center and everything else that would make it greek.

Like I said, Crocodile heads. I never understood the idea of having a crocodile head as house decor. But maybe someone out there does.


I took many more pictures and I'll do another post or two to share them with you all. But for now I'll give you a sneak peek at something else I whipped up at the sewing machine.

What is this silly thing I'm wearing around my neck? Try to guess and see how close you get!








2 comments:

  1. Uhhhh... could it be a bib for a pregnant woman?! I sure need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...thats a good suggestion. Its not, but it could be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).