I decided to make my own lotion the other day. It is so easy to make ORGANIC body lotion, packed with good stuff like Shea Butter and Coconut Oil. This recipe only has 3 ingredients, besides kitchen tools.
Here's what you need:
3 Tablespoons of Shea butter
2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil
1/4 cup of fragrant infused oil
* I made my own lavender and vanilla infused olive oil, and I'll tell you how too*
1 squirt lotion bottle
a double boiler
This is so simple and it takes less then 30 minutes.
Double Boiler from smokymtntreasures
1)In your double boiler melt the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and the 3 tablespoons of Shea butter
Infused oil from Glorybeherbals
2) Once the oils are melted, pour in your 1/4 cup of infused oil.
( I made my own two months ago and I'll tell you how. I took a cup of dried lavender buds, 1 vanilla bean and stuffed them in a glass jar. I then poured olive oil in until it covered the flower buds. It needs to sit for at least 2-6 months and be shaken occasionally to allow the herbs and oil to "marry", as the cooks say it)
3) Gently stir until all of the oils are blended
4) Pour the liquid through a funnel into the lotion jar
Remember its hot! So use pot holders.
5) put it in the fridge to cool
6) Use it and smell great!
I seriously smell like a baked good, hot and fresh from the oven whenever I use this. Its the combination of coconut, lavender and vanilla bean that makes it smell so good.
Some awesome benefits of Coconut Oil and Shea Butter
This was given to me from a friend who got it on the website heartofwisdom.com
Painting from aidamarkiw
Studies show that virgin coconut oil completely heals, eliminates, reduces or protects against these ailments:
- liver disease
- kidney disease and bladder infections
- yeast that causes candida, jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot
- skin infections psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infections
- bacteria that cause dental cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections
- bacteria that cause meningitis, gonorrhea, and dozens of other diseases
- benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- breast, colon, and other cancers.
- periodontal disease and tooth decay
- cystic fibrosis
- excess weight
- epileptic seizures
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
- dandruff, and the list goes on and on
Unrefined Shea Butter from beijaflores
Shea butter info taken from treasuredlocks.com
Shea Butter can provide relief from everything from just dry skin to many minor dermatological diseases (if you have a serious skin condition, you should see a doctor). It has been clinically shown to provide benefits. Here are some of the benefits of Shea Butter for the skin:
Have fun making this and let me know how you smell from this wonderful body lotion.