Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boba Milk Tea- Refreshing and Delicious

Also known as Bubble Milk Tea, but whichever way you say it the drink is always delicious!
My husband first introduced me to this drink 6 years ago. I remember slurping up huge tapioca balls through an equally huge straw thinking this was the best thing ever. When I was pregnant with Lincoln I would crave the Avocado Boba Milk Smoothie!! Does avocado in a smoothie sound gross to you. Yes probably, but it tastes SOOOO good, rich and creamy. I also might add that Lincoln does love avocados now, I drank so many of them he had no other choice but to like them.

The Recipe
* This is the recipe I use, its not necessarily like other boba recipes*

Single cup recipe 0f tea


1/4 cup of cream
2-3 black tea bags (depending on how strong you want it*
1 1/2 cup of hot water
1 tablespoon of honey 
(you can also use sugar or a sugar/brown sugar mix)

*put it in the fridge to cool before pouring the boba in*

Boba Pearls

1/4 cup of boba pearls
2 cups of water

Bring water to boil, slowly stir in the pearls, keep stirring on and off so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan. You know when to take them out when they have doubled in size and are soft on the outside and slightly chewing on the inside.


Scoop boba into the bottom of a cup pour the cold milk tea over it, pop in a huge straw and drink willingly. 


Also, did you know that you save half of what you would spend if you made boba yourself? I spent 2.29  on the supplies which was boba pearls and straws.


Enjoy!

P.S. I will also share the Avocado Boba Smoothie with you at a later date, for those brave souls who really want to try it.

2 comments:

  1. Must try! Great idea for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, Yummy! I've never heard of it, but I really want to try making it! Thank you!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).