Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Inspirational Tuesdays- Cameras!

Cameras have been on my mind a lot lately. I'm in search for a new one and my mind is going crazy with all the selection out there. But for now, here is my inspiration selection.
Hot momma! When I saw these I thought they were just my "cup of tea" or coffee, or cocoa, you know what I mean. So fashionable, made from Circa Ceramics, I would love to own a shop so I could have my customers drink out of these cups.


This shirt instantly transports me to when I was in my early twenties living in Texas hanging out with friends from Chicago (confused?). Me, being a yankee (as they would call us western folks) had never heard that phrase before. I thought it was one of the silliest phrases I had ever heard, but I got use to it because it was said all...the...time.  This shirt from Caustic Threads is so creative, and I like the word play on it. 


I love this camera strap, the fabric is so yummy! Its made by Tracy Joy, and she has many other cool accessaries for your camera.


So my search still continues for the new camera. Tell me ladies what you think. Do you have a camera that you love? Tell me what it is and why you love it. Maybe I can get pointed in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my shirt! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameras: as a photog myself over the past 6 years, it depends on what you want...digital point-and-shoot? digital SLR? a film camera?

    I use a Canon digital SLR, with many different lenses, that I love, and I use it all the time (but it's tough to lug around camera equipment places). Canon and Sony point-and-shoots are good too for the portable small type (but not for the more advanced stuff). But I also work with Holgas and Lomos, which you might LOVE, Danielle. They are film cameras, and definitely for the art of the photography - but SUPER fun. http://www.lomography.com/

    Fortunately, Urban Outfitters (of all places) started to catch on to the hip, creative take of lomography and started to sell a bunch of different types of Lomo cameras, with different filters you can attach, and lens types. I just bought the fish-eye Lomo for a friend for her birthday, and she is in love. They are a good price for the amount of fun you can have. It's instant art almost every time! Check them out:
    http://search.urbanoutfitters.com/?q=lomo

    Happy to talk more about it...I could go on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ninon- I'm glad your so knowledgable on this topic. I would love a Canon digital SLR, partly because I have this "romanic" idea of taking closeup pictures of animals far away. But I know that probably a point and shoot is more practical. I'll check all your recommendations out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).