Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ugly shirt- The final cut


I finally tamed the beast. Heres a little glimpse of what it use to be.


Here is what it is now


I made it into a Kimono bolero. It's completely different from was I had envisioned in the beginning.  The last time I blogged about this I still felt like I couldn't make right what was wrong...wrong in being the whole shirt. Note to self: stay away from ugly prints!


Anyways... I put the shirt away while I was trying to figure out what to do. By this time, I had already cut the sleeves off and realized I may have cut too much off. I was going to have to wear a tank top under it to even wear it. Thats when I happened upon this ugly shirt refashion from the blog refashionista. Yay! I was back in business for my re-fashion venture. 

So I cut it in half. Then took the bottom part and cut it in half again. Those two bottom halves became the new sleeves. I hemmed it all around and felt mostly pleased about the outcome. I say mostly pleased because there are still some adjustments to be done. A buttom, double hemming, and maybe even a dye job? 
BAWHAHAHAHA. Thats right, I'm going to tone down the print some more.
Still, it has already received a compliment...and it was from someone several years younger then me. whoohoo. 
I like the Kimono style of it, which came about purely by accident and clever problem solving. Its super airy, so it is really only good for hot summery days, which hasn't happened in Oregon yet.=(

Friends, let me know what you think of it. Love to here your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).