Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reinvent

What is this? Before I tell you ( in case you can't tell) I'm going to show you what it once was.



A long long time ago, I created this little crown. It was beautiful with crocheted gold wire and iridescent grey beads that shimmered anyway you turned it. It reminded of the Princess in The Never Ending Story. So I put it in my Etsy shop were it sat, and sat, and sat. It never sold, and thats ok, because I don't think I was ready to tap into The Never Ending Story niche ( and I know you guys are out there.... somewhere).




Every once in a while I would get it out and play with its shape. I like the original design but I felt like it needed to change. I continued to play with it for 9 months making it into a necklace, brooch, or bracelet. But nothing seemed to fit. Until recently when I decided to coil it around itself.

Can you guess what it is?



Sea Urchin Cocktail Ring

The reason I ask is because I feel like the photos are not doing it justice in showing the actual drama this ring contains. I will post a action shot later.



It reminded me of a sea urchin as I was coiling and sewing gold wire through it to keep it in place. I'm probably not going to put it in my etsy shop because I'm curious to explore what this design process will look like with different types of beads. I'm going to decide if I'm going to make a tutorial of it later.



{A Deeper Thought}

You know, we all reinvent something in our life whether we recognize it or not.
 Sometimes it is a physical thing, like the ring. Sometimes its ourselves. Have you reinvented something and loved the result?



Danielle    


   


1 comment:

  1. Take a pic of it on your hand, with hand under chin, dreaming of the sea or something. Yes, we need an action shot, but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).