Thursday, July 8, 2010

The In Season/ Out of Season Sweater Makeover

 Since I had several people tell me they liked the first sweater makeover, I decided to do another sweater makeover.  This one I'm super happy about because I got two makeovers out of one sweater.  Boot socks for winter and a super cute tank for summer.

Lets Start!

Heres the sweater and I know that your thinking "Stripes?!". Ok maybe I was thinking that. I've gotten a lot of wear out of it but I was feeling that it needed to have a new look.

 
So I placed it on the floor took a picture while Lincoln wasn't stepping on it. Lincoln has this thing about stepping on anything and everything I place on the floor. I cut around were the sleeve meets the shoulder ( around the border) and around the armpit.
See that little foot, thats Lincoln about to pounce on the separated sleeve.  Cut across the sleeve were the  tip of the armpit curve is.
 
Slip them on and wear them with your cool new boots you got from Goodwill. Aren't they rad! Only 10 bucks friends.

More cool sock and cool boot pictures


If you notice a slight "fuzziness" to the picture its because I realized I forgot to dust my mirror half way through the photo shoot. The boots are still awesome despite this though.

Second Makeover
Remember how I just removed the sleeves? Well that left me this cool, fresh, easy to look awesome in tank top. 


The sweater color is faded in this one, but its the best shot.




Not the best shot but the best color and I like my face in this one.


I should also say that the back of the tank also looks like the front of the tank. I'm going to take it to the next level and crochet a tiny border around the arms so it can have a nice finish and look more professional. I'll show you when I'm done with that.

I would love to know what you think of this!

Thanks!
Danielle









make it wear it

16 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm always looking for neat new ways to re-purpose clothing :-)

    You could wear the tank in the winter again as a nifty sweater vest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right! I was thinking I could just put a long sleeved shirt on under it and be set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it again, Batman...oh, I mean, Danielle!!!

    Great eye for seeing this sweater's new life/lives. I love them both, and especially the boot socks...for someone who wears boots about 8 months out of the year, I'm swooning! Oh and those Goodwill-find boots are amazing, especially when you don't have to pay the full price of a pair of Frye's!

    I'm inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina- Try it ! It took me less then an hour to make both.


    Ninny- I wear farm boots a lot while foraging through the land at my house, I've made a couple pairs of these boot socks and they are perfect for extra protection while walking amongst stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, you are so creative, love love love, xoxo
    PS: I really love your red hair sooo much too, love love love, J, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure genius! Love both the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm visiting with everything etsy! Great job with the sweater! I would never thought of making the socks. I'd love to have you visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leah! You could so pull this off!


    Thanks Anne for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! I'm going to feature you this week on Make It Wear It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW! Thanks Andrea. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, I saw your feature on Train to Crazy. This is darling!! I just love the socks and they are great for walking. I am a shorts and rubber boots kind of girl myself:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia....Yay! I've made two pairs of these and will be making many more. I might need to get more boots to match my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this idea! i thrift often enough and NEVER find great boots like that for $10. lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally besides the point - but I love your timber floor. :)
    And looking at the date on this blog post, you're a bit ahead of your time with the upcycle sweater boot socks, aren't you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear your thoughts, idea's, questions, and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are tasteless or has nothing to do with the post topic (spam).